I’ve Been Tagged
Ok since I have been tagged by James I will oblige just so I have the opportunity to pass it on…
1. I am a Bass player – classically trained though I also played the bass guitar in a band in High school – yeah battle of the bands and the whole shebang. I was actually pretty good at Classical Bass (stand up 4 string); went to NY All-State Orchestra in 1987. I played up through my Masters but then I had some repetitive stress problems from digitizing too many aerial photos and stopped. I haven’t picked it up in the last 14 years and I miss it sometimes. I used to play everything from Copland and Saint-Saens to Rush, Van Halen, Dixie Dregs, and Aha
2. Crashed my dad’s motorcycle when I was in high school. My Dad took me out for a couple of lessons and I thought I had it under control. One day after school I decide to drive it over to the high school (about 3 miles away). I was ok on the way there because it was all right hand turns but the way back was another story. Laid it out on the first left turn going home with cars coming the other way. Needless to say I was a bit shaken after that and took it really easy getting home. I get to the driveway and start thinking I am OK but of course I hit the one little patch of ice in the driveway and end up in the ditch with the bike on top of me. I was ok but it turned me off from riding.
3. I used my BB gun to shoot 2 birds. I got 2 BB guns when I was about 12 years old. I was given it with the condition that I couldn’t use it to shoot anything living, including friends and little sisters. Well I then proceeded to shoot up the windows on the garage, the back of the old pick up, bottles, and cans. On two occaisions I broke the rules and shot birds, one was a starling and one was a mourning dove. It was odd/sad/disconnected to be standing over the starling as it lay there dying. I am still conflicted about whether I could hunt birds and mammals. I have no problem with fishing but I am not sure how I would do with a deer or another bird.
4. My sinuses are a mess, I once had a hole drilled above my right eye to drain a clogged sinus – betcha just said thanks for oversharing. Greatness has the endoscope picture of the sinus up in her office. The crazy part was the radiologist told my ENT that everything looked fine but because I asked to look at the CAT scan I knew it was totally full.
5. I was voted “best dressed” in high school. I think I am just going to leave it at that.